A Conversation for Bassoons

Lovely sound

Post 1

Veers Revett, Imperial Assassin & Palbert, the once-fat cat. (Happy to see someone VERY special has joined h2g2)

I think of anything erudite or interesting to say here, except that I have always liked the sound of the bassoon, even the word has a lovely sound. Thanks, svabhava, for an interesting article. Now, if I could only find pieces for bassoon, harpsichord and hammered dulcimer I'd be a happy man....


Lovely sound

Post 2

Veers Revett, Imperial Assassin & Palbert, the once-fat cat. (Happy to see someone VERY special has joined h2g2)

I meant to say 'I can't of anything erudite or interesting...' there. obviously.


Lovely sound

Post 3

Bubbles the Wandering Thingite Theoretical Mind (I am Heaven.)

Lovely article, bassoon is a great instrument. Underappreciated. I like the bassoon so much that I play it. Or I would except I don't have one and the school would only let me use one if I were in the band. I love that instrument. Gee.


Lovely sound

Post 4

svabhava

thanks for the appreciation, yeah its a shame about the prohibitive cost of the things. I know only too well as i work up the courage myself to go out and buy a new one of my own now that bits continue to fall off the bassoon I have. Just got to break the emotional attachment, in hindsight naming it probably wasn't such a good idea...


Key: Complain about this post