A Conversation for TV and Radio Sport's Howlers

More Keeganisms

Post 1

Mat

The 33 and 34-year-olds will be 37 or 38 by the time the next World Cup comes around if they're not careful.

There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight.

The tide is very much in our court now.

The substitute is about to come on - he's a player who was left out of the starting line-up today.

Hungary is very similar to Bulgaria. I know they're different countries...

Argentina won't be at Euro 2000 because they're from South America.

I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon.

Despite his white boots, he has real pace...

I came to Nantes two years ago and it's much the same today, except that it's completely different.

There are two schools of thought on the way the rest of this half is going to develop; everybody's got their own opinion...

It's like a toaster, the ref's shirt pocket. Every time there's a tackle, up pops a yellow card.

...using his strength. And that is his strength, his strength.

The referee was vertically 15 yards away.

The England fans are the best in The World and the Scotland fans are second to none.

England can end the millennium as it started - as the greatest football nation in the world.

You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw.

They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that.

We've got to take the pressure off the ticking clock on the wall.


Key: Complain about this post

More Keeganisms

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more