ACF Induction Centre

3 Conversations


smiley - blackcatsmiley - dogsmiley - dogsmiley - dogsmiley - dogsmiley - dogsmiley - dogsmiley - ghost

STAND TO ATTENTION SOLDIER !

Yes, this is the ACF New Recruit Induction page - you have joined the Elite, the best of the best, the meanest kick-ass Unit in the whole of H2G2. Now even recognised by our foes (the Cats as if you didn`'t know) as "an Imperial War Machine".

Your life will never be the same again.

So What Do I Do Now

You are free to join in any of our current engagements against the Cats or simply hang around at HQ swopping war stories with your comrades.

You might also consider joining one or more of our specialist Units - The Navy, Marines or the Airforce. If you are intellectually gifted you might want to help out at the ACF Scientific Research Centre.

If it is gratuitous violence you're after then we have plenty of that to offer as well. To test your marksmanship skills out you should try out the ACF Shooting Range.

Our elite unit Les Chiens Rouges are also recruiting as well.

It's not compulsory but some form of acknowledgement on your u-space that you are a fully paid up member of the ACF would be nice.

You will also find many ACF types down at the Chaps Club quaffing mightily and enlightening the members with outlandish tales of derring-doo ! Splendid, what !

You should subscribe to the ACF Special Announcement service to keep in touch with important events.

Where is the Action

You'll usually find us at any of the following places around H2G2.

Dog Places

Cat Places

Who Are We Fighting

We're fighting our ancient enemy the CATS. For more information about the Foe go to the ACF guide to the The Cat Menace.

Important Stuff Coming Up - Pay Attention

Are There Any Rules I Need To Know About

The Laws of Continuity

Joining the ACF commits you to a general observation of the Laws of Continuity if you want to play with us. You can find them articulated here and here.

These protocols are intended to allow everyone a fair go and to encourage sound gameplay. That way everyone stays friends and good behaviour is encouraged. Generally speaking the Cat War is more tolerant of continuity lapses than some other threads especially if in doing so a laugh is generated or some fun was to be had in doing so and especially if it is done with panache and style of course. Our "Fight" with the Cats is supposed to be more Comedy than Kaboom and more Slapstick than Big Stick if you get my drift

We do have an aversion to invulnerability or omnipotence as people or machines that have no weaknesses and cannot be destroyed are simply no fun at all and we will have no truck with them. Behaving in such a way that allows other players to interact on an equal footing is very very important.

The objective here is not to win but to have fun together and be able to exercise our creative impulses. Generally speaking the ACF prizes inventiveness, creativity and flair. We like funny and elegant solutions to things and we like intelligence. We don`t like Cats.

Those that bring these qualities to the Cat War are doubly welcome whether they`re on our side or the enemy.

The only other rule we have is that you have to get as many of those mangy Felines as you can ! A special reward is available for any ACF Trooper who can provide Red Dog with a pair of matching gloves and hat for his treasured Kitten pelt coat (the one that Peregrin gave him to replace the Tiger Skin Trophy Rug that
soeasilyamused stole at the start of the Cat War).

Other Rules and Laws

Only one other big heavy rule - be nice to other researchers (even Cat ones) and no mean postings, insults or any character aspersions.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A655869

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more