A Conversation for Soup Recipes

comfort soup

Post 1

kasese<a rather confused individual, desperately seeking Harmony>

Here's a soup to help you through the winter. I'm a Canadian and beieive me , during the winter months, we need all the comfort we can get! The recipe. Take about 3 tablesppons of butter, and a finely chopped medium sized onion and suate until tender. Add some Thyme (as much as you want). Stir for about 1 minute. Then add a whole bunch of mushrooms which have been chopped in a food processor. Cook until mushrooms are tender. Then add about 3 tablespoons of flour, cook to brown the flour, stirring constantly. Add coarsley ground pepper, stir again. Then add a good shot of brandy or sherry to deglaze the pan. After you have scraped up the brownny bits, add about 3 cups of chicken stock, stirring constantly. Cook for a while to thicken slightly then add some chopped spinach and a dash of cream. You may also add some whole pepper corns at the firsr stages of cooking if you like that crunchy flavour. I cook this often in order to stave off the frost and if I want to think of exotic places, I use wild mushrooms instead of your average button variety. Portebello work beautifully! Enjoy! Kathleen in Canadian Cyberspace.


comfort soup

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Mmmm... mushrooms and cream - sound delicious!smiley - tongueout

kasese - could you please write something on your user page? Because I know there is a bunch of friendly people just waiting to say hi to you - but the only way to create a 'discuss' button on your page is to write something in it...smiley - angel


comfort soup

Post 3

kasese<a rather confused individual, desperately seeking Harmony>

Titania- you may now go to my user page. I've introduced myself. Now i'll see if anyone really wants to talk to me! dSKasese


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more