denial is the secret of happiness

6 Conversations


fact: there are bad things in the world.
fact: if you think about bad things, your happiness will be limited.
therefore, happiness is a state of mind not a situation and denial is the answer.



you may think that this is losing grip on reality and not 'facing facts'. it is meerly having a selective grip on athe aforementioned plane of being. we are all in denial to some extent, whether it is about our financial situation, our love life, our appearance or just the general nastiness of the world. to quote Mr Adams himself "in a universe this size, the last thing anyone can afford to have, is a sense of proportion" or something like that, can't be bothered to go look it up. The gist is though, it is impossible to live without denying ourselves the truth just a little bit, so why not go the whole hog and live in a fantasy world?



Do you agree? come and show your support, or deny your support and i'll add you to the list



the following researchers have nothing to do with the denial club and if you ask them they'll deny all knowledge.
good plan
Ming Mang
WebSherpa
Hieronymus, Prince of Quarkness
easilyPb
Polidari Wormwood

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A638589

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more