A Conversation for Wisdom Tooth Removal - a Personal Perspective

I know the feeling...

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

...I had one wisdom tooth pulled out (sort of) at the hospital, because my dentist refused to even make an attempt at it...

...the dental surgeon pulled and twisted and pulled and twisted, and I tried to hold my head still, pressing it back against the chair so hard I had a smiley - headhurts afterwards...

...turned out that the root of the tooth had managed to twine itself around my cheek bone, and wouldn't let go...

...so finally he had to drill the tooth into little pieces and pluck them out one by one... the deeper he drilled, the harder it got for me to keep my mouth open - I tried so hard that my jaw muscles hurt afterwards...

...towards the end the anaesthetic started to wear off for me too... so I could feel the needle when the nurse stitched the rather cavernous hole left after the tooth together...

...but I'm lucky enough to heal fast - only a bit of ache same day, nothing the next, and by the end of the week the swelling (only inside my mouth) had gone down so much that I accidentally bit off the stitches while brushing my teeth - and spat them out!smiley - smiley


I know the feeling...

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh, and about the food - I strongly recommend soup!smiley - smiley

Got to avoid infections too - I got this bottle of something I was supposed to rinse my mouth with - tasted smiley - yuk and made my gum(?) go numb...


I know the feeling...

Post 3

Kaz

not soup thats too hot, I hope!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more