A Conversation for Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide

why?

Post 1

CRYSTAL.MAZE.Keeper.of.the.Crystal.Dome

why are people allowed to dictate on how we want to die? I for one agree with having the right to choose if I want assisted help in allowing me to die.

I have written a living will that states that in the event of anything happening to me so that I am unable to communicate, feed or do things for myself then I want the right to with dignity, not to be allowed to suffer any more than is neccesary.

What I would like to know is why religion as to come into everything, I'm sure some where in there, there must be a passage saying we should not suffer....Jesus himself cured a leper isn't that going against God's will....surely that man was ment to join his creator


why?

Post 2

Smut

There are too many people intent on telling us how to live our lives. Should we bow down and let them tell us wether or not we can end it if we want to. I think not.I for one do not want to live as long as possible, regardless of the condition I may be in. I believe in quality of life as opposed to just quantity.


why?

Post 3

Xuenyl

Living wills and not being subject to medical treatment which prolongs life at the expense of quality is a slightly different issue and one which is perfectly legal in this country. Many people and their families request a 'not for resuscitation' status when extremely ill which means that no attempt will be made to revive them if they suffer cardiac arrest.

From the point of people telling us what to do, the argument that we are all individuals and should be able to decide our own destiny is a valid one, however, we do not live as individuals, we live in a society which has decided among itself to enforce certain rules which in the absolute sense limit freedom. However these are deemed by society to be worthwhile for the good of the whole society, to prevent abuses of the freedom which we do have.

In this case, people having a right to die could easily be abused to the point where a person's right to die is another's excuse to kill them.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more