A Conversation for How the Ashes Got Its Name

International cricket

Post 1

Hoovooloo

"The English national XI finally had international squads to go against."

Is it worth pointing out that the *first* international cricket fixture was between those well known cricketing nations, the USA and Canada?

H.


International cricket

Post 2

Witty Ditty

Hiya H!

You've got the other sister here, as CP's having computer 'issues' (like my revision 'issues'...)

I'll just ask her...

*picks up phone*

-----smiley - whistle

Right, she says probably not, as the entry is focused on the Ashes, although I did suggest to her the possiblity of an entry on the History of Cricket... to which she refused too, because she doesn't have the time (she's a bit exhausted by the Lawn Tennis one in PR...)

Stay smiley - cool,
WD


International cricket

Post 3

Hoovooloo

I didn't mean worth mentioning it in the entry (like you say, not relevant to the theme...) just down here in the thread. Just struck me while I was reading it, it's one of those bits of sports trivia which wins pub quizzes.

H.


International cricket

Post 4

Witty Ditty

smiley - blush

Sorry; my brain is addled smiley - yikes

Certainly one for the pub quizzes though smiley - ok


International cricket

Post 5

Asterion

If you say so. I doubt any US natives would get it. We're always too busy watching fun sports like football and the seventh game of the World Series.


International cricket

Post 6

TheMyriadWhoHasLongDaysAndShortNights

Hello,

I take it by "football" you mean the pathetic Rugby clone absurdly padded Americans play and not proper football as played by the rest of the world and, begrudgingly, the USA as well? (The game you call Soccer).






Myriad.


International cricket

Post 7

caper_plip

Actually, I'm a Brit so I call soccer footballsmiley - winkeye


International cricket

Post 8

one_armed_monkey

no, nobody cares except you and maybe the americans and canadians


International cricket

Post 9

I Am Myriad

Cheers,

Myriad.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more