A Conversation for Left Handedness

Learn about the difference between Fleming's Left Hand Rule and Right Hand Rule with this handy bitesize guide.

Post 1

Researcher 185911

Left and right:

See, I can't understand this directional stuff about right angled electromagnetic fields much without some sort of visual diagram. I think it is because I have a disability in being able to differentiate clearly between my left and right. What I think is "left" ends up "right" and visa versa. Some say this dislexia may be attributable to creative types. Others think it is a physical disfunction that cannot be easily corrected. I think it is a link to the relationship between things. Polarity can in fact be reversed and then the rules also reverse. Creative types who wee the inbetweeness of things are less consciously aware and subject to this disorientation, sort of looking at life from the inside out. I then must make a conscious effort to correct the reversal of perception so that I can actually see the direction clearly.

It's sort of trying to figure out the spin of water going down the drain from the effect of gravity and the turn of the earth. Is it the same in the southern hemisphere as in the north? Does the direction also change when the earth changes it's polarity of positive and negative pole?

I have never figured that one out either, although Bart Simpson has a good take of it in one of the Simpson episodes when he phones long distance to the land down under (Australia) and asks some young fellow randomly from the phone book which way the water spins. The animations help to convey the principle, but without some concrete data I still don't know the answer.


Key: Complain about this post

Learn about the difference between Fleming's Left Hand Rule and Right Hand Rule with this handy bitesize guide.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more