h2g2 Post 06.09.01

1 Conversation


Posted: 6th September 2001

Editorial

Can anyone tell me why, when I close a browser window, does the whole system behave like a frenzied reproduction cell and clone itself into an infinitesimal number of similar pages?

This has happened to me once or twice before but never on such a grand scale! I could only watch in amazement as hundreds of mini-windows tried to all cram into the tool bar, finally taking over the entire screen in their eagerness to claim their own space. Suffice it to say my computer was not impressed by this multiplication and promptly froze!

That problem solved I can now bring you the editorial. Another packed issue for you this week in which we welcome still more regular contributors. Spimcoot joins us with his cartoons... we hope that you will enjoy his wry look at the world. MaW starts a new column packed with suggestions, not touching too heavily on programming.

Frankie Roberto returns with his interviews, his first 'victims' being Elly and Bob. Infact, this Post is so crammed we didn't have room to tell you about the winners of the Caption Competition!

Oh... you want to know the winners? Very well! You will have to keep checking this Front Page until we are prepared to reveal where and when you can find out! Suffice it to say that the information will appear here some time on the 6th September... so keep your eyes peeled!

I suggest that you make sure you have a full pot of tea or coffee beside you before you immerse yourself... there is a lot of reading to do!


Any copy, articles, suggestions should be sent to The Editor. Please use this same address if you are interested in volunteering to become a regular contributor. If you are unsure what The Post is looking for, why not check out the Writing For The Post page.



Summer Meet-up Caption Competition Results

shazzPRME

FeaturesRegulars

  • h2g2 Life

  • Wowbagger with his wonderful cartoon series .


  • IMWRS

  • The ever-varied column from Aaron O'Keefe.

  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A619292

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more