A Conversation for 'The Crystal Maze' - the TV Show

Crystal Maze for all

Post 1

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Did anyone else ever visit the Crystal Maze in Maidenhead, Berks?

This was based on the TV show with lots of different games, falling roughly in line with the same zones and types of game (physical, mental etc). Participants collected points by getting the puzzles right and then at the end was one of those light walls instead of the Dome. You still got a time limit but instead of collecting bits of paper you had to hit lit buttons on the wall, with a point for each lit button pressed and a point deducted if you hit the button after the light went out. You got a certificate at the end of it saying how many points you won.

This was basically a good laugh (although I admit that my group was slightly merry when we went in so weren't taking it terribly seriously) but the music was really annoying. It was a permanent tape loop of the music from the series (da-da-da-da....DA-dum) which got very wearing very quickly.


Crystal Maze for all

Post 2

SallyM

I did the same thing in Blackpool, but we got lost trying to find one of the games and were a bit naff.

SallyM smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more