A Conversation for Hosiery


Post 1


I understand that suspenders and the suspender belt are UK English terms. For the benefit of our American cousins, this is known as a garter belt and should not be confused with the suspenders sometimes worn by American gentlement to hold their socks up.

Excellent article.


Post 2



Indeed, sock suspenders were in an earlier draft, but got lost along the way...why a garter belt when they are nothing to do with garters, I wonder? And isn't it odd that there is so much difference between our terminology for underclothes?

smiley - smileysmiley - blackcat

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more