A Conversation for Tea

Published in The Salmon of Doubt

Post 1

roundbrackets

I went to the bookstore the other day and was surprised to find a book by Douglas Adams among the new releases. As it turns out, The Salmon of Doubt, is a collection of writings retrieved from Adams' harddrives. It's quite an interesting read and then I cam across this entry about tea. I remembered reading it here but even though it made an impression (I keep sniffing earl grey to see if I can't invoke that dizzy feeling) I never checked who actually wrote it.

It's such an odd and fascinating thing when stuff off websites make it into the real world.


Published in The Salmon of Doubt

Post 2

AlexK the Twelve of Motion

Can someone please tell me more about this book?


Published in The Salmon of Doubt

Post 3

colin_fryer

its basically a load of stuff that Douglas Adams wrote in his earlier years and the latest book that he was working on up to when he died. Its really interesting selection of random stuff like the article on Tea, and how to properly make it. In short its well worth a read.


Published in The Salmon of Doubt

Post 4

toxicblonde

i recon that one of the best articles, if you're looking for a quick Douglas Adams fix, is the one about cookies.

but my favourite has to be the one about the rays in australia... it's just so lovely!

i haven't managed to bring myself to read the part of "the salmon of doubt" printed at the end.
is it worth it?


Published in The Salmon of Doubt

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

Not really. It's the beginnings of a story, but there is not enough of it there to be really interesting.

On the other hand, if you want to know what the world looks like through the senses of a rhino, you have to read it.


Published in The Salmon of Doubt

Post 6

Malcolm, Colin's Wired Weird Twin [Twice Removed]- {Deus} of Inner Voices {et} A[Not]KA HomicidusInfirmorum

I own the book to and was thinking about putting this article in h2g2 myself if it wasn't already done. LOVE the animation. Are all the short articles from "The Salmon of Doubt" (I just love that title, don't you?) entered into h2g2? It would be nice if they were.


Published in The Salmon of Doubt

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

I think only one of the "Salmon of Doubt" short pieces is in h2g2. How to make a perfect cup of tea. Unfortunately, we can't copy the others into h2g2 as it would be an infringement of copyright.


Published in The Salmon of Doubt

Post 8

Gabor

It does worth it. If you want to fully ... appreciate? understand? ... his death, read it. It is like his death -- the story is full of life, and the abrupt end of it makes you realize how people die.


Key: Complain about this post