A Conversation for Tea

Fruit tea

Post 1

Hobbes - Keeper of Himself to Himself,(scout)

Fruit teas promise so much but always fail to deliver. They smell heavenly during the brewing process, but always taste of hot water with a hint of fruit.

Who would like to campaign with me to get fruit tea re-classed as Hot Fruit flavoured water in the European Parliament.


Fruit tea

Post 2

janexxx

A late reply better than no reply...I've just joined as a researcher and there's soooo much catching up!

If you're still around yes to this one. I object very strongly to these hot drinks being called tea...they never saw tea! Tea comes from a tea plant, not a fruit bush. These are tissanes and should be immediately re-branded as such (can we invoke the trade descriptions act I wonder?).

And I also object to people offering them to me when I ask for a nice pot of tea.smiley - tea

Me: Do you have Earl Grey?
Them: No but we have mint, apple and flugleberry!smiley - erm

Grrr!!


Fruit tea

Post 3

Cheerful Dragon

Every packet of herbal or fruit 'tea' in my local supermarket is labelled as an 'infusion', not tea. A drink can only be called tea if it is made from tea leaves. Herbal and fruit infusions don't qualify.

Oh, and I do like fruit and herbal infusions, especially peppermint, various berry infusions, and one that contains pink grapefruit.


Fruit tea

Post 4

janexxx

Maybe the re-classification is starting then

But we still need to do the re-education

smiley - tea


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more