A Conversation for Thumb Twiddling

my grandad

Post 1

Hatty

My grandad is famous for his thumbs - not only because of their appearance (lots of scars, gnarly bits and dodgy nail growth as befits a mechanical engineer) but because he twiddles for England... we call it "knitting", as in "Joe was just sitting there, knitting, like he does..."


my grandad

Post 2

Shea the Sarcastic

He twiddles for England? smiley - wow Has he been in the Olympics?


my grandad

Post 3

Swoosh - maker of puddings, keeper of dribbly pets, known for disappearing frequently

I'm sorry but I have to laugh! HA HA HA HA. No seriously that's great about your grandads knitting. Do you know where I can join a thumb twiddling club?


my grandad

Post 4

Hatty

no, but he was in the commonwealth gamessmiley - smiley You must have seen him, one of the few cometitors on the hip replacement list - funnily, his thumb joints are both fine. A good advert for thumb knitting, I'd say!


my grandad

Post 5

Swoosh - maker of puddings, keeper of dribbly pets, known for disappearing frequently

smiley - laugh
hip replacement!! this gets crazier and crazier!


my grandad

Post 6

Shea the Sarcastic

Thumb twiddling is an excellent sport for those with hip problems! It can be done sitting, standing, or reclining in bed! And once you're retired, you have the extra time you need to practice it enough to start competing worldwide!


my grandad

Post 7

Swoosh - maker of puddings, keeper of dribbly pets, known for disappearing frequently

and if you've had a thumb replacement you can twiddle your hips!


Key: Complain about this post