A Conversation for The Colt M-16 Assault Rifle

Corrections/Ammendments

Post 21

njan (afh)

with 5.56, actually, yes, I'm inclined to agree, because it's a good close-range calibre. I was having this discussion with another h2'er earlier today, and came to a common agreement on this. 5.56 is also very light, which is a point he raised which I hadn't thought about.


Corrections/Ammendments

Post 22

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

The one I have now is for doing headshots from 15 meters to 100 meters and aimed fire from 20 meters out to 150 meters or so.


Corrections/Ammendments

Post 23

Peter aka Krans

*looks smug*


Corrections/Ammendments

Post 24

nick2491

Individuals may not care about the casualties, but care or not, a wounded man takes many many more out of the front line than a corpse. I read a study a number of years ago, comparing different armies medical support, and the figures were roughly that if you were a US soldier wounded, you took somewhere between 7 and 9 troops up in medical and transport needs, the UK armed forces were similar, the Soviets as were at the time were about 6-7 troops out for each casualty. Every soldier they put into medical care, flying evac helicopters, driving ambulances, buying sirgical equipment, going through medical school and costing them a fortune, is one soldier and one dollar that isn't being spent on trying to kill you.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more