A Conversation for Having a Part-time Job in a Fast Food Restaurant

McDonald's

Post 1

Guinea Girl

I loved this entry, having worked in McDonald's on and off for 10 years now (yes, I AM that sad), I found it SO true. Isn't it amazing how some customers seem to think that just because you work in a fast food restaurant that you are as thick as mince and are there to be abused??????


McDonald's

Post 2

Frankie Roberto

Nice entry Bluebottle, it made me laugh...

I would hate to work for McDonalds

Frankie


McDonald's

Post 3

Bluebottle

Yes, I work for McDonalds, and although it has it's good points, I wouldn't want to work there for long - but I've been there a year already!smiley - yikes
Yep, I have had some completely stupid customers. One person complained that the food was cold when he got home - and he lived over 60 miles away, so what did he expect?
Another bought a Big Mac at 3 o'clock, came back at 5 o'clock and complained that he hadn't got the Big Mac he ordered, and showed us his receipt. He gave us the foam that his burger was in, we opened it up, and inside was the Big Mac he'd had all along. Completely mad.
Yesterday we had a petrol bomb thrown at the outside seating, which was nice.

<BB<


McDonald's

Post 4

Frankie Roberto

Ooh, sounds exciting. It must be in a prominent location...


McDonald's

Post 5

Bluebottle

No, I work at a McDonalds in a small village attached to Southampton. One that is very quiet, and only has a few customers per hour. But if that's what happens to quiet ones, I wouldn't want to work in a busy one. Three people were stabbed in the one down town a couple of months ago, and Southampton has a low crime rate for a city of it's size!

<BB<


McDonald's Guessing Game

Post 6

Bluebottle

Do YOU have what it takes to work for McDonalds?

If you are on Drive-Through, you can expect to serve between 500-800 people on an average day on a long shift. Inevitably, there are times when it is hard to understand what the customer says. Sometimes the customers have foreign or hard to understand accents. Sometimes they are just very quiet. Other times, what they say is almost incomprehensible.

So, for Frankie Roberto, or anyone else, here's a list of things I've been asked for since I started working here. The aim of the game is to tell me what it was the customer wanted, and yes, there is a correct answer. They get harder as they go along.

1.) I'd like a large mojo, please.
2.) Can I have a giant panda?
3.) I want a tutu.
4.) Can I have one of them things you sell?
5.) Two!!!!
6.) I want to have 50p more.

<BB<


McDonald's Guessing Game

Post 7

Frankie Roberto

1) A large milkshake?
2) Large Icecream?

The rest I have no idea (I guess that's the pont...)


McDonald's Guessing Game

Post 8

Bluebottle

The answers:
1.) I'd like a large mojo, please.
A.) I'd like a large iced mocha milkshake, please. Correct! smiley - biggrin
2.) Can I have a giant panda?
A.) Can I have a quarter pounder?
3.) I want a tutu.
A.) I want two hamburgers and two regular fries for £2.
4.) Can I have one of them things you sell?
A.) Big Mac, please.
5.) Two!!!!smiley - grr
A.) Can I have a McChicken Sandwhich meal with coke, please?
6.) I want to have 50p more.
A.) Can I have a supersize Big Mac Meal (it costs 50p more than medium size)

Believe me, when I started working there, I'd no idea what the customers were going on about, yet they expect you to know just because they do. The people who asked me for 3,4,5 and 6 got very angry, and in one (number 5) case violent, when I asked them to explain what they meant, and thought I was an idiot just because I'm not a mind-reader.
But then, that's part of the job.

<BB<


McDonald's

Post 9

Researcher jaw25yo

I worked in Mcdonalds for two years.
One strange fact, is I wieghed less when I left than when I started there!! (and yes I was eating a Big Mac a day)
Sad to say, the original posting is completly true.
On the day I left I was cleaning the front counter, cleaning the griddles (the realy hot things that can cook a burger in 45 seconds)
the dressing table (not the one your sister tries to make herself look beutiful but the ones that you dress the burgers before you put them in the bin, god, I still know the lingo!!)and ajax (not the stuff you clean toilets with but a white powder you sprinkle on a blue bordered cloth rub together til it goes blue and smear onto stainless steel which you then polish up which ends up with more smears than you stared off with, now you can see why there is a look of madness of long term staff members at fast food chains). This took me til 5 o'clock in the morning with still loads more to do and the manager still wanted meto come in on the following day to do childrens parties starting at 11o'clock. Yeah, Iwalked out at that point. So yes I tend to agree, to see and feel the lowest point of humanity, work behind the counter of a Mcdonalds.


McDonald's

Post 10

Bluebottle

Definately.
A typical week at work This week:
Last Thursday, a group of 15 12 year olds came in, decided to smash in the charity boxes, grab the fire-extinguishers and soak all the people who worked there and the other customers, and then threw chairs and bottles of alcohol at me when I tried to persuade tyhem to leave.
On Monday, a group of 6 17 year olds decided to throw milkshakes over the customers and seriously assualted the manager who was trying to persuade them to leave - ie, a lot of punching & kicking.
Yesterday, a child decided to through a mop-bucket at the lobby host.

And I work at a quiet place which only has about a dozen customers in the last 3 hours its open...

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more