A Conversation for Homework Matters

Homework

Post 1

Rocky

Speaking as a teacher & the father of a 6 year-old at school & another on the way, I feel homework is a real intrusion upon the liberty of the individual.
It may be justifiable, but society does not do enough contemplation on the merits of compulsory education, let alone visiting this in the form of homework on the home life & time of a child & her/his family.
It seems we are in the grip of manic workaholics who cannot see achievement in the world in anything other than work-related terms.


Homework

Post 2

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

And that's just the women smiley - bigeyes


Homework

Post 3

Rocky

Que? smiley - huh


Homework

Post 4

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

It was a throwaway comment about your last paragraph - It seems we are in the grip of manic workaholics.

If women, in most cases through economic necessity, didn't have to spend such long hours in the paid workforce, they could spent more time at home with their children - which must help in the raising of kids brighter and more rounded than the current generation.


Homework

Post 5

Rocky

Or men?
Let's send the women to work. smiley - tongueout


Homework

Post 6

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

In New Zealand we do. It gives the men more time to spend down the pub smiley - winkeye


Homework

Post 7

Rocky

If we're child-minding, we'll have to campaign for creches in the pub; or atleast for every creche to have a bar. smiley - ale


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more