A Conversation for Astral Projection

Projecting, or journeying.

Post 1

Otter - Itinerant maggot drowner and guardian of the machine that goes BING!

Excellent entry! I practice the shamanic art of journeying, which is very similar to astral projection. With journeying, the shaman uses a drum as a "spirit horse" to carry him to the otherworld. The repetitive beat of the drum causes the brain to relax and shift into an alpha state where the trained shaman enters a trance state and can "travel" to wherever it is that he needs to go. As with astral projection the journeying shaman can fly, change shape or travel at incredible speed. during the journey he may meet animal guides or spirit helpers who pass on knowledge or information that the shaman brings back to ordinary reality ( whatever "reality" is) to effect a healing or soul retrieval. Much Respect! smiley - peacesignsmiley - biggrin Otter.


Projecting, or journeying.

Post 2

Leopardskinfynn... sexy mama

Hi there Otter
smiley - biggrin

I'm a practicing shaman too (though I've been rather slack on the journeying front recently - I expect I'll get a slap on the wrist from one of my spirit helpers when I do get around to journeying again! smiley - yikes)...

good to see a fellow shaman here! smiley - ok

So how long have you been journeying?

smiley - fullmoon


Projecting, or journeying.

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I'm going to try this....as soon as half-term is over....

smiley - flyhi


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more