A Conversation for How to Get a Good Night's Sleep

Am I whom I thínk I am?...

Post 1

Alfredo

I've read the article about good sleep and all the reactions and they all make much sense to me, although it isn't really effective on me.
But I do have a worrying soul (to put it mildly), so in my case sleeplessness is a symptom of depression.
One can be deeply depressed for years without recognising it. Because you can be a very bussy and humorous person and stíll be deeply depressed subcontaneous.

I remember a situation which is symptomatic for my life.
Sleeping very badly for many years, one day I wanted to by clay to work with, because I had a suspician that I liked to do that and so I went shopping in town, bought tools to work with etc. Not as a "therapy" but because of a budding love.
I unpacked the clay and put it on the table I had bought for this purpose.
Believe it or not: I couldn't sit straight for another thirty seconds and there came an overwhelming sleep over me.
An overwelming experience of relaxation and feeling comfortable.
It was an "absurd experience" in a so called "normal life". But the opposite is the truth..

As a social worker for/with prisoners and later on for/with war- victims, I would have recognised it immediately ( so to speak).
My usual way of living was very, véry distant from whom I really am and such a way of living creates depressions ánd therefore chronical sleeplessness.

Maybe you can imagine it more clearly when I describe someone who discovers later on in his life that he really wants to be a transvestite, by example.
And if inner wounds can be healed or not, is besides this reaction of mine.

But realizing whom you really are and what you réally like can be a tough job to discover. And not in the least because of your own censorship.
I discovered by example, that 21.30 is about the real personal bedtime, if I would really listen to myself. In the beginning I was ashamed of it and you should see the faces of the people I did tell about it. It just doesn't fit in the picture of a "macho-man".

To get to know whom you really are and therefore what you really like and to become really kind to yourself can be a very tough and confronting job which might take many years. It isn't "soft" at all!
And even now I talk about "you this" and "you that", instead of "me".


Well, I wanted to share this as an addition to this Guide Entry about good sleep.
It may feel a bit out of the order, but it isn't. It's just a bit heavy, but I have of course not all of you in mind. Maybe someone who reads this two years later.

To end this conversation I had written down a Beatlessong from the "White Album"(1969), which was made and sung by Ringo Starr;
"Good Night, Sleep Tight".
But it was removed with the rest of the article by "the h2g2 Moderation Team" (sounds scary);"This decision has been made because it contains material on which the copyright appears to be owned by someone else",was said in a mail.
To memorate this kidnapped song I'll leave some space here.

Good Night, Sleep Tight,


........................
........................
........................
........................

........................
........................

........................
........................
........................
........................

........................
........................

........................
........................
........................
........................

Everybode, everywhere.



Greatings from Amsterdam, Alfredo


Key: Complain about this post

Am I whom I thínk I am?...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more