A Conversation for How to Get a Good Night's Sleep

Tips for a Student Lifestyle

Post 1

Minifig Thom

I'm a student and so, therefore, often find it difficult to get into normal sleeping patterns and sometimes need ways of being able to sort myself out so I can still attend the odd lecture.

First of all, try as often as possible to stay in a reasonably regid pattern. I find midnight to 8:00 suits me. being English this takes me from closing time through to enough time to wake up and have a shower before lectures. Also, if you stay awake all night, make sure, if at all possible to follow this rough pattern still. Try to wake up around 9:00, even if you are still tired, if not stay awake until reasonably late in the evening so you do not remain out of synch

When I can't sleep, my tips are these:
1. I find any talk radio works well. Put it at a volume where you can hear it but it is not obtrusive. If possible, put it on a timer, this means you won't be woken by it in the night.

2. Make sure the temperature is right in the room. If you are sweating overnight you're probably too hot and this will affect your sleep. Also the opposite can be true so make sure your duvet is thick enough.

3. When you are lying in bed, stay reasonably still - don't concentrate on it, but just don't change position repeatedly - this is probably not the problem. Take some deep breaths and keep taking them. The increased oxygen will make you feel sleepy.

4. Finally, if you can't sleep - get up. If possible move to another room. Read a book, watch some TV, just do something relaxing until you feel more tired. Do not allow your mind to connect your bedroom with not being able to sleep.

I hope this helps.

thomsmiley - witch


Key: Complain about this post

Tips for a Student Lifestyle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more