A Conversation for The Ninth Doctor Who - A Character Analysis

fantastic entery

Post 21

U2006

He is indeed, a totaly great guy.


fantastic entery

Post 22

darwinfin

This is a great entry about a great passion of mine. I was brought up on a staple diet of Saturday evenings watching Tom Baker and then Peter Davison play the Doctor. When it came back I was excited and nervous. How would it work? Christopher Ecclestone's work is usually quite dark in tone but you know what - like this entry it was fantastic! I think Ecclestone only staying for 1 series worked for the BBC cos they were able to develop the Doctors character from a recent regeneration (in 'Rose' he is still fascinated with his own looks hence they are new to him) taking him from despair to joy through a bond of friendship and love. Now if you haven't seen the 10th Doctor yet as played by David Tennant then you may be taken aback by the sheer verve of the character, but it's a natural progression and a sheer joy to watch. The whole series has been well thought out and produced with overarching character themes et al but if Christopher Ecclestone hadn't put in such a blistering performance as the Doctor then it would have died in the water and I think cos he was only doing 1 series then he was really able to put everything into it as an actor.


fantastic entery

Post 23

U2006

I whole heartdly agree, without Eccelston to begin with i cant see the series haveing taken off the way it did. I have seen the Tennant series of Doctor Who (but not the finalie yet - been on holiday, no one dare tell me what happens!) and he has progressed the charictor. I'm glad you liked my entry, thanks for takeing the time and energy to read and comment. My i also say welcome too Hootoo, i notice you are fairly new, if you need any help just yell.


fantastic entery

Post 24

Seraius

Thank the editors too. No offence intended, but I believe that more than a few dictatorial and grammatical errors were corrected. No?

Good entry, though.


fantastic entery

Post 25

U2006

smiley - laugh Those guys know how much i love them, but i thanked ford already in a private thred but hey! THANK YOU FORD


fantastic entery

Post 26

billie_piper_4ever

I like the ninth doctor better than 10th smiley - biggrin


fantastic entery

Post 27

U2006

Welcome to HooToo! It's always nice to have another Doctor Who fan around. I have to say i like both equally!

I'm not a huge fan of Billie Pipper but I have met her.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Ninth Doctor Who - A Character Analysis

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more