A Conversation for How to Best Prepare for Old Age

Finance

Post 1

BuskingBob

Start investing early in cash plans - not additional pension plans because you may find you have a sum of money that you need but can't touch.

Try to arrange that your policies etc mature at different times - ages 55, 60 are good ages to receive a large chunk of cash to offset the fact that you may no longer have a wage coming in.
If you have got it right you may be able to retire early and enjoy life - after all, no one wants to work forever.


Stay reasonably fit - and always look for new challenges and things to do.


Finance

Post 2

Uber Phreak

at the age of 14 i invested in a retirement account.


Finance

Post 3

BuskingBob

Excellent - I didn't start saving seriously until I was about 17 - doing things like this allowed me to think about early retirement a few years early - had I not been offered a very easy job which was lots of fun, I would have retired 3 years ago. As it is, I'm finishing in a couple of days time, still a couple of years early, and intend enjoying myself with my motorbike.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more