A Conversation for Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks

FF Books republished

Post 1

Underground boy

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned this fact - the order is different, though:

1 - The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
2 - The Citadel of Chaos
3 - Deathtrap Dungeon
4 - Creature of Havoc
5 - City of Thieves (coming soon)
6 - Crypt of the Necromancer (prevoiusly Crypt of the Sorcerer) (coming soon)

However, in Waterstone's in Shrewsbury, I could buy the Warlock of Firetop Mountain and Creature of Havoc, but could see no sign of The Citadel of Chaos.


FF Books republished

Post 2

LordJim

I owned far too large a collection of these.

I wouldn't bother with anything before City of Thieves and Deathtrap Dungeon. Scorpion Swamp is diamond. Seas of Blood is better. Beneath Nightmare Castle was the first one I bought, mistaking it for a Knightmare gamebook. The later volumes didn't turn up second-hand but my cousin had some. Creature of Havoc is genuinely different, bit of a mystery. I liked Midnight Rogue, Black Vein Prophecy and Night Dragon but not Mage Hunter.

Fantastic entry, Paul; and it's given me an idea or two.


FF Books republished

Post 3

The Apprentice

I have all the Limited Edition reprints - and will, likely, write something to add to this entry. The is a pretty decent website for the relaunch too.

Thanks for the compliments, LordJim... so what are those ideas of yours?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more