A Conversation for Dunluce Castle, County Antrim, Northern Ireland

Dunluce Castle Co.Antrim

Post 1

the golden one

Never mind the Castle, what about the local artist?


Dunluce Castle Co.Antrim

Post 2

Demon Drawer

Who?

If you know something about a local artist wny not write up the article yourself. After all that is what the guide is all about. I'm sure it would be an informative entry.

DD


Dunluce Castle Co.Antrim

Post 3

Demon Drawer

And by the way Welcome to the Guide. I'm Demon Drawer one of the Assistant Community Editors around here and I'm glad that you chose to make your first contribution to one of my articles.

As I siad above we would like you to share you knowledge. To find out the various ways to do this click on the Contribute button above, of ask me or any of the other ACEs or Gurus and we'll be more than willing to help. To find them click on my name and click on one of the pages in the right hand column.

Bye for now.

An Norn Irish Exile.

smiley - devil


Dunluce Castle Co.Antrim

Post 4

the golden one

The local artist is a chap called Richard Kennedy and he`s absolutely dotty! His artwork consists of a series of black dots using pen & ink which must take him hours and hours to create and is surely enough to drive a man mad. His subjects range from the beautiful Antrim coastline ( his studio is next to the car park at Dunluce Castle) with lots of Causeway and castle pictures together with forgotten 60`s rock band stuff and a lot of military , RAf & navy commissioned pieces. We obviously passed the test and were allowed into Kennedys studio, as some unfortunate browsers were asked, no, commanded to leave.
After a very pleasant afternoon admiring the ruin of Dunluce and enjoying the clifftop sight etc. (I took some great photographs) it was quite an experience to meet this Basil Fawlty/Adolf Hitler type and here his views on life and everything it comprises.
I`d be interested to know if anyone else has met this character
and lived to tell the tale. If you`re planning a visit I`d wear a very thick skin if I was you! Needless to say we laughed and laughed all the way to where we were going after that encounter!


.


Dunluce Castle Co.Antrim

Post 5

Demon Drawer

Sounds like the good basis for an article when you write it up, or want to know how to let me know and I'll be pleased to help you through it if you want. smiley - smiley


Dunluce Castle Co.Antrim

Post 6

walser

In my family, we have always been told that we are descendants of a branch of the family who owned Dunluce. my father told us that, I think, his Granny was the last in line. There are Irish links but very few in Scotland don't have Irish Blood. His Mother is buried in Dublin as well. I will eventually get to see Ireland. including the North and Antrims coast. Isn't it interesting that when part of the castle fell into the sea that only servants were killed?


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dunluce Castle, County Antrim, Northern Ireland

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more