A Conversation for The Controversy Surrounding the Origins of the Taj Mahal

Please stop it.

Post 1

shashikar

Tomb or a Temple Taj Mahal is a beauty and it is one of the most loved treasures of INDIA loved by all Indians.
So, stop thinking of digging it up and spoiling its beauty leave it as is. There are better things to do than digging graves. And talking about "truth" what is the truth? Almost every other person in the India is corrupt, that is the truth. Politicians exploiting communities for their own selfish motives is the truth. People like me and you talking about communities and talking about digging the truth and re-writing histories sitting in front of our computers in cozy environments at home, and not thinking or caring about what adverse effects it can have on other people who are sentimentally attached to such things, is the truth.
If we are thinking that knowing our history correctly and establishing historical facts with evidence is patriotism then we are wrong. A country is about people in it and if you cannot love your fellow country people then not even an ounce of patriotism in us.
I live near to a communal riot sensitive place. If you see what happens when communal riots take place, you will not dare to talk anything absolutely minutely provoking.


Please stop it.

Post 2

uprightmember

I agree. Taj Mahal is beyond religion. A national treasure and belongs to all. While I do not seek change of current position and the way things are - I certainly have a right to know the truth. Why must historical fact be swept under the carpet in the name of communal harmony! What is the use of a educated society if we cannot accept facts and just how long will the govt. of India classify information - be it Taj or be it Netaji's death.....All that was needed was a white paper ... funded by the government and generated by scholars who are beyond religion...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more