A Conversation for Tips for Camping in the Wild

Do ladies pee in the woods?

Post 1

Magnolia Thunderpussy, Geisha of the Web

Well, yes. When necessary. We just don't generally talk about it. It's not a delicate subject. And I haven't seen any instructions in the etiquette manuals I've looked at. But I have seen quite a few disgruntled ladies come out of the bushes with soggy shoes and splattered jeans, just because they weren't aware of a few simple rules.

1) Pee downhill whenever possible. Even a very slightly raised area makes a world of difference.

2) Have your wipey ready in your hand so you don't have to stand up and dribble down your leg to get at it, or topple over while groping in your pocket from a squatting position. And please, don't leave the wipey in the woods, unless you are using leaves (shudder).

3) Unless the ground is so hard that it's impossible, make a little trench in the dirt with a stick or the toe of your shoe that leads a couple feet away from you. It prevents surprise puddling from the terrain that you are bound to step in when you stand while pulling up your pants.

4) Spread your feet as wide as possible while not disrupting your balance. Don't sit so low that you get splashback on your bum.

5) Try to be nice and either pour water over the area afterwards to dilute it or cover it up with dirt or leaves so the next passerby doesn't end up unwittingly marked with your scent.

Soooooooo easy to be a happy camper, isn't it? smiley - smiley


Do ladies pee in the woods?

Post 2

Ottox

LOL! smiley - biggrin

Life's so much easier for us males... smiley - tongueout


Do ladies pee in the woods?

Post 3

Magnolia Thunderpussy, Geisha of the Web

Hi Ottox smiley - smiley
You've got THAT right, at least when it comes to....indelicate issues. But I wouldn't trade it for the world, or at least, not for longer than a week....


Do ladies pee in the woods?

Post 4

Ottox

Right! Fortunately most of us are happy to be what we are. Though I guess it could be interesting to change for some time?


Do ladies pee in the woods?

Post 5

Magnolia Thunderpussy, Geisha of the Web

I haven't had the opportunity to try being a man, but I'll tell you one sure thing....if I were for a while I'd make it a priority to wear button down jeans. Wouldn't want to disable myself the first time I had to pee in the woods! smiley - winkeye


Do ladies pee in the woods?

Post 6

Ottox

First time? I thought you were experienced... smiley - winkeye


Do ladies pee in the woods?

Post 7

Magnolia Thunderpussy, Geisha of the Web

Well, I am. But not with external equipment....at least, not of my very own.... smiley - winkeye


Do ladies pee in the woods?

Post 8

Ottox

smiley - online2long

Well....


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more