A Conversation for Emmeline Pankhurst - Suffragette

:-)

Post 1

Sergeant Mushroom

smiley - blackcat

Enjoyed that. Well written and researched. My friend did about the suffragettes for her A level history personal studysmiley - winkeye


:-)

Post 2

littleNero, master and collector of useless information

Very well written!
Aren´t they the predecessors of these ´68 revolutionaries, burning down their underwear... I suppose...
little Nero


:-)

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

Ah, but they had much more to lose - and if they hadn't done it the 60'ers would have had a lot more to do! It is almost impossible for modern women (in UK) to imagine how difficult life was then, how much the Suffragettes had to give up, how much courage it took them to defy the male members of their families and society...

I'm going on. It's a hobby horse, I'm afraid smiley - smiley


:-)

Post 4

littleNero, master and collector of useless information

Not many years before my birthday, but I cannot even imagine that it was necessary to protest on the streets to claim more (human) rights....

Did you know, that in the swiss kanton "uri" or something, women aren´t allowed to vote, even these days...

Or, the council of Nicaea (I think around 450) found out that women are humans therefore they can achieve the paradies, because if they are humans, they got a soul...It lasts ´till 1968, when Pope Paul 6th declared that Maria, went personally to heaven..

....
littlenero


:-)

Post 5

Sho - employed again!

I had heard that about Switzerland... but I also have to say more fool the women for not doing anything to change it. Isn't it part of some Human Rights Convention, I'm pretty sure Switzerland would have signed up for those!
I'm happy, I get to vote in European Elections and local council elections here, which is progress. Now if I were only allowed to vote for the ones who make me pay all that tax........ I'd vote them out!


:-)

Post 6

Sergeant Mushroom

smiley - blackcat

I think there was a tribe somewhere that is dominated by men, who keep the women ignorant of everything as they used to run it (or something like that)


:-)

Post 7

littleNero, master and collector of useless information

As far as I remember, they had a "public" opinion poll (only men allowed) in the eighties if women have the political skills to understand what they do when they get allowed to vote...
Sounds like middle-age, isn´t it?


:-)

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

It sounds, sadly, typical!


:-)

Post 9

littleNero, master and collector of useless information

"typical" ???
What does that mean?


Key: Complain about this post