A Conversation for 'Manimal' - the TV Series

We remeber the strangest things...

Post 1

Mr Prophet (General Purpose Genre Guru)

I think it only turned up at the very beginning of one episode - like, in the intro where we get the spiel about how this guy can turn into animals - but didn't his dad do a sort of Jedi evaporating thing when he died and passed on his powers?

My only other clear memories of the series are manimal turning into a persian cat to escape when cornered in a villainess' shoe closet (and apparently that one he did without the heavy breathing, because that could have got him into so much trouble); the detective waving a snake around and telling it to stop messing about and turn back into the guy then - comedy gold - he wals in the door and she faints because she's holding a poisonous cobra; him turning into a panther to break out of the ubiquitous VC bamboo cage; and Manimal trying to get a tigress to hit him to prove she couldn't have killed someone inside her teeny tiny cage.

Oddly, almost nothing else remains.

The Prophet


We remeber the strangest things...

Post 2

Dr. Funk

It's incredible that so many people remember this show considering that its run was so very short. Clearly it found its ideal audience quickly.


We remeber the strangest things...

Post 3

Datsun

I had no idea how few "Manimal"s were made. One day when I was sick, I saw a bit of an episode on the vast wasteland that is the Sci-Fi Channel. I had to go vomit or something, so I didn't see the rest. I've never seen another since. I guess I should consider myself lucky to have seen one at all.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more