A Conversation for Konstantin Stanislavski and Method Acting

Very interesting entry

Post 1

Lbclaire

Well done on an interesting and useful (being an amateur actor myself!) entry. I've obviously heard of Stanislavski's methods but have never really known them in detail.

smiley - applause

smiley - smiley Lbclaire


Very interesting entry

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Second the smiley - applause!

Thanks for a clear and concise explanation of the method. This has been exaggerated so much that you usually run into a lot of eye-rolling when Stanislavski's name is mentioned - especially in my amateur acting experience, where the question 'What's my motivation?' called for a tirade on the part of the director, followed by 'because I told you so'.

But he really did come up with a lot of sensible ideas.

Thanks again.smiley - smiley


Very interesting entry

Post 3

HerrFaulkner

I have to say that it was awesome. Maybe I should email this on to my school's drama teacher/play director. I found the communion concept rather interesting, and the other things I was aware of but never really, really got into them. I like it. Perhaps a bookmark at the very least. Where does this thread end up once it's off the front page?


Very interesting entry

Post 4

Tony2Times/Prof. Chaos

At the bottom of the entry, you can always find the entry using the search engine (providing its working)

This entry might be useful to, on Bertolt Brecht's alienation technique A4986840


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more