Agony Aunt

0 Conversations

Dear Agony Aunt,

I have a terrible problem. Everywhere I go, even my beloved POST, I read of the h2g2 get-together in London. All talk of it excitedly. And happy as I am for them, it is quite frustrating when one is stuck in America (or somewhere else Terribly Far Away) and cannot even imagine any possibility of being present at such an event. How do I relieve my depression?

Forlorn and Far Away,
loreth


Dear Forlorn (loreth),

I agree with you about hearing of the h2g2 get-together everywhere. I
myself am in the same situation as you and, though I would dearly love to be a part of this great event, I know that there is no way I will be able to see my dream come true. Instead of dwelling on the disappointment of this knowledge, I have decided to live vicariously through those who will be able to attend this grand event. Yes, I know it will not be the same, but I am sure that everyone able to attend will do a fantastic job of describing the events which will make it seem as if those like you and I were there. I suggest that the lucky researchers able to attend also appoint a specific time for a toast to h2g2 and all of its followers, so that everyone sitting in their own homes are able to join in and toast at the same time, making it a worldwide celebration. Picture it as the hands across World using a wine/beer glass instead of holding hands.


AA


If YOU have a problem you wish to share with our Agony Aunt, you may
reach her by mailing Agony Aunt


01.05.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A504523

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more