Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- Caroline Herschel - Astronomer
- The Venus Novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- The Lake Peigneur Disaster
- 'Orphan Black' - the Television Series
- Overtoun House, Dumbarton, Scotland: Dog Suicide Bridge?
- Vlad the Devil and the Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaft
- Isle of Wight Shipwrecks: Floating Bridge No. 6
- Nora Waln: A Tourist in Nazi Germany, and What She Found There
- The Ultimate DisneyToon Studios Animated Film Guide: 2010-2015
- 'Make Mine Music' - the Disney Animated Classic