Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- A Beginner's Introduction to the Bible
- 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' - the Film
- Power Cut Preparation
- The Ultimate DreamWorks Animated Film Guide: 2010-2014
- Ida Wells Makes Noise: The Columbian Exposition Protest of 1893
- How to Survive an Office Move
- 'K-9' - the Television Series
- The Mona Lisa - an Enigmatic Work of Art
- The Great Disappointment of 1844: Millerites and Fake News
- Titchfield Haven National Nature Reserve, Hampshire, UK