Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- Gothic in the Wilderness: St Michael, Fryburg, Pennsylvania
- The Ultimate Disney MovieToons Animated Film Guide: 1990-1999
- Pollution Detection - the Case of the Garfield Telephones
- Khyber's Kilts and Bristols: Sex, Sexism and Stereotyped Women in the 'Carry On' Films
- A Sin by Any Other Name: Robert W Lee Talks About Racism
- How to Make a Paper Hedgehog
- Between Silk and Cyanide: Leo Marks Decodes SOE
- Klara Borstel-Engelsman: In Memoriam
- Nora Waln: A Tourist in Nazi Germany, and What She Found There
- LGBT+ Hidden Histories - a Guide