A Conversation for How to Start Your Car When it is Really Cold

Other Ideas

Post 1

JHP

I liked this entry. Very topical. But why nothing on either Jump- or Push- starting. Both are easy once you know how, but could probably warrant an article each in their own right.

Iv'e used both methods on occasion. I also have a portable battery unit which you charge at home and can start the car from. As with jump-starting, this will only work if the only problem is a flat battery, but it's still a very useful gadget.


Other Ideas

Post 2

Proper Ganda (Keeper of torn maps)

For an alternative spin I tried rolling down hill in reverse and managed to start the 12 yr old backwards (Not supposed to sound crude). Just incase anyone was wondering, you need a steep hill and at some point you may need all three pedals to keep the engine on throttled while not hitting any of the parked cars behind you.

I also got quite good a bump starting up hill in a warm car. The trick is momentum.

Buy a VW they just don't want to die.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more