A Conversation for Battle of Germantown, Pennsylvania, USA

Maybe Gen. Pulaski was clairvoyant.

Post 1

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

He didn't miss a thing.
the historic ability of the American military to take specialized troops and assign them to menial duties has never ceased to amaze me.
I will email this entry to the headquarters of the DAR. They might want to trim their rolls a bit.


Maybe Gen. Pulaski was clairvoyant.

Post 2

Jimi X

Washington never did get the whole idea of using cavalry. smiley - winkeye

I was always surprised Pulaski didn't get in trouble for his actions at Germantown. But I guess since it was such a fiasco, it must have slipped through the cracks.


Maybe Gen. Pulaski was clairvoyant.

Post 3

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

It's also one of those historical perspective things. We truly don't really know how the action was perceived at the time or who we can trust to have reported it.
It is possible that Pulaski had done the right thing by not wasting his boys in the fray.
It is possible that there was no one around who spoke Polish well enough to convince him of the error of his ways.
It is also possible that the whole thing is crap and he and his boys were no where near at the time.
history has this curious facility for making history out of the most uninteresting things.


Maybe Gen. Pulaski was clairvoyant.

Post 4

Jimi X

smiley - laugh

Like this project perhaps? smiley - winkeye


Maybe Gen. Pulaski was clairvoyant.

Post 5

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Oh, I don't know. I consider it a middle finger exercise considering the site. I learned some things.
Write for your audience. And if you're it, hey! You can't ennoble something you don't care about and our entries are extensions of us.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Battle of Germantown, Pennsylvania, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more