A Conversation for Talking With Cats

My cat curses

Post 1

Baron Grim

Honest, it does!

OK, a little history. The cat I have now once belonged to the cook at my local pub. He was an ornery old fellow and if anyone ordered something right before the kitchen closes at 9:00 you would hear a steady string of curses emanating from the kitchen window.

Sadly, the old cook died and the cat was returned to living behind the pub. But it really wanted a home and twice rode home inside the wheel well of the bartender's van! smiley - yikes

The bartender's wife asked me to take it in (actually, there was one other owner but he hung himself after only taking the cat in for one day... bastard.)

So, I did.

I named him Greebo and by the way he treated my other cat (an old fat female Himalayan) the name fit. (Pratchett fans will know what I mean.)

One evening, around 9:00, Greebo went to the kitchen of my apartment and started a long oration of meows and chirrups and a few other noises that defy classification. He did it again a few nights later and he continues to do this on random evenings to this day.

I'm convinced he's copying the behavior of his first owner, Charlie, the cook.

He's cursing in the kitchen. smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post

My cat curses

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more