Take Five

0 Conversations

Every day five new approved entries are recommended on the h2g2 Main Page. These go by unnoticed to most users as they focus around their own page. This weekly article points out the best entries of the week... oh how many of them there are!

  • The British Empire is definitely worth reading. It is highly entertaining and should tone down nationalism... slightly. It is great to know the British Empire lives on - well, at least in Gibraltar. Rule Britannia! Thou shalt rule the waves forever!

  • The GCSE's are something many can relate to. This entry does its best to ridicule them, as does just about everyone who has experienced them. It is an alien word to non-British residents and it is about time someone explained them. If only there was a mention of the torment of coursework...

  • As it is the festive season I will tone down my views and recommend The Twelve Days of Christmas entry... or is that entries. Spanning thirteen entries, this entry tries to interpret the famous song. It pulls together lots of different user's views and contributions and has some interesting interpretations. As it is so long it takes a while to read but is worth it. It takes long enough to read the list of researchers!

  • Yet another excellent entry is Lunch.Finally, an explanation of this curious phenomenon. It waffles on about the different meanings of Lunch and gets driven into explaining airline meals. It is wonderfully funny - well, just mentioning the spork is good enough for me.

  • Xenophobia is a great explanation of the word and even reveals how to pronounce it! It is short and to-the-point and also impartial... never condemning it at all. This makes it entertaining, as it is obviously difficult to avoid an opinion on such a delicate subject.

Other good entries worth a look are:

Other articles worth a mention this week are:

B Movies and Great Lakes.

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas, Kwanzaa and belated Chanuka.


Psyduck


20.12.99. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A472150

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more