A Conversation for How to Look After Your Hair and How to Keep it

how to cure dandruff

Post 1

FABT

the cure for dandruff is simple.

move from east anglia to northumbria. problem solved.

alternatively, install a water softner in your water supply. this may necessitate a water filter as well to make your dinking water safe so be careful. it also means you need less shampoo which will improve the condition of your hair.

and never, ever, wear black if you a dandruff problem. wear only clothes the same colour as your dandruff, then it wont show so much! clever, aren't I?

FABT


how to cure dandruff

Post 2

MaW

Amazing how I find this post without even visiting your page...

I find that anti-dandruff shampoo works well for me. I use Head and Shoulders Menthol - the problem is the cost of course...

In your infinite wisdom, do you know of any cheaper options? I think I've got enough to last the term out though, so I can always get Mum to buy it for me (somehow).


how to cure dandruff

Post 3

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

Cool Jules says: Don't go mad, go menthol!

I love that advert smiley - winkeye


how to cure dandruff

Post 4

Cheerful Dragon

Richard uses the Tesco's own brand stuff, which is cheaper than Head and Shoulders. Boot's own brand is also good. This assumes that you live in the UK. (He doesn't have dandruff.)


how to cure dandruff

Post 5

MaW

Is that because he uses the shampoo or because he doesn't have it anyway?

I shall have to go investigate... but the menthol Head & Shoulders is very nice...


how to cure dandruff

Post 6

Cheerful Dragon

I think he used to have a very mild dandruff problem, but he's been using the shampoo for years so the dandruff went a long time ago.


how to cure dandruff

Post 7

Aurora (Muse au Chocolat; Muse of Fancy Footwear and Seraph of High Heels)

I used to have really bad dandruff. And I mean REALLY bad!!! Not just little white flakes, but bloody (in the literal sense of the word!) crusts. You can image how my hair looked and how my scalp felt... .
In the end I got a prescripition for some medical stuff. Fortunately that helped.
I had to use it quite frequently and if I left it off to long my dandruff started again - but it helped!

Then I moved to a different part of town and my scalp instantly got better! Maybe we get different water there, but I also suspect that the pipelines in the house where I lived before weren't very good. I think that they maybe gave off metal or something... .

Anyway: today I am completely free of dandruff. I use Head & Shoulders (I don't think there is a menthol variant in Germany! Pity! That sounds nice!!!) and I don't even have to use that other stuff anymore.
I hope it stay that way!!!

@ smiley - zoom


how to cure dandruff

Post 8

MaW

Cool!

I'm sure you'll get menthol Head & Shoulders in Germany in due time. It's great! Not too strong but it makes a shower that much more invigorating... you'll be wanting to wash your hair just to smell the shampoo! (in that case may I recommend some other menthol-containing product instead... hair doesn't like being washed ten times a day)

smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more