A Conversation for How to Look After Your Hair and How to Keep it

Maintenance & good diet

Post 1

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Good nutrition is what gives your hair a pretty sheen. They sell dog food with the promise that it makes a dog's coat shiny and healthy - maybe we should be eating dog food!

The ends of your hair should be trimmed every few months. Split ends will keep your hair from getting any longer, because the ends keep breaking off.

Don't blow dry your hair. This forces the water out of the hair cells, which weakens the hair.

Refrain from brushing your hair until it's completely dry. The hair will untangle much more easily, and you'll break fewer hairs.

I don't do any of this, of course, but I know I should!


Maintenance & good diet

Post 2

Cheerful Dragon

When your hair is wet, comb it with a wide-toothed comb. This puts less stress on the hair than using a fine comb or brush.

If you suffer greasy hair, use a comb rather than a brush. Brushes, particularly stiff ones, can over-stimulate the sebaceous glands on the scalp, making the hair greasier.

Comb your hair before you wash it. This can make it less likely to get badly tangled during washing.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more