A Conversation for How to Look After Your Hair and How to Keep it

Conditioner & other tips

Post 1

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

It makes normal to dry hair smooth, shiny, natural, healthy, and irresistable!!

I don't recommend it for greasy/oily hair though, it just makes it worse.

Oh, and don't shampoo TOO often, every two or three days is enough, as too much washing dries out your hair, and too little obviously makes it dirty and greasy and unsightly.

Comb regularly if hair is long, or you get that horrid fuzz that floats around.

If hair is greasy but you have no time to wash it, use mousse. (Moose? Mouse? Moosse. I don't know!)

Change your shampoo every two or three months, as if you use it too much, your hair becomes used to it, and it doesn't do such a good job. It also leads to build-up on the scalp and dandruff. Perhaps have two different shampoos and alternate them.

That's how I make my hair so manageable and full of life!

smiley - bigeyes


Conditioner & other tips

Post 2

Barney's Bucksaws

I found something that does wonders for my hair - henna. My hair's limp and baby-fine, and I wear it short and straight becaues its just easier that way. Henna gives it body, shine and bounce! I just love it! Its available in clear - so it just adds shine and softness, or the red and blonde shades. Enhances my red highlights, too.


Conditioner & other tips

Post 3

Cheerful Dragon

Any advise on 'too much washing dries out your hair' is more-or-less nonsense. OK, I've read about actresses who washed their hair at least half-a-dozen times a day while filming, and that is excessive. However, it has been found that the hair's natural oil levels return to normal about 20 minutes (no, that's not a typo) after washing. So a daily wash is fine.

Dandruff is caused by microbes, not by build up of shampoo, so don't share combs with someone who has dandruff if you don't already have it.

Hair is dead, so how can it 'get used' to shampoo?


Conditioner & other tips

Post 4

Martin Harper

I'm guessing it's more a case of the scalp getting 'used to' the shampoo...
*shrugs*


Conditioner & other tips

Post 5

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

*shrug* it's what our science teacher told us in Year Seven when we had to do that facts-of-life chapter smiley - winkeye


Conditioner & other tips

Post 6

MaW

Haven't you found out yet that in Year Seven most of what they tell you in your science lessons isn't true?


Conditioner & other tips

Post 7

FABT

Mrs Hooper told us electricity was a very big word. personally i think pangalacticgargalblaster is much bigger. especially when you dont use the space bar.

FABT


Conditioner & other tips

Post 8

Martin Harper

harder to spell too...

{it's 'gargle', not 'gargal', afairc}


Conditioner & other tips

Post 9

MaW

And it's Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. Was Mrs Hooper your first science teacher as well? She made us dissect fish. That was pretty icky. Most of the rest of the year was fairly easy though. Apart from writing up practicals - I've always hated that, and always will hate it. Why do you think I'm doing Computer Science?

I saw a poster advert-thing for the Illustrated Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which claimed it was "Pan Galactic Garbleblaster" which we all know is totally wrong...


Conditioner & other tips

Post 10

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

Why not just call them PGGBs? That's much easier to spell. smiley - smiley

Our Science teacher in Y7 is our Chemistry teacher now. she's also our Head of Lower School and is very nice, if you're on the right side of her smiley - biggrin

Bet you really wanted to know that. smiley - winkeye


Conditioner & other tips

Post 11

MaW

My Chemistry teacher went to be Head of Science at a private school in Somerset. Which is fine, because she's happy and I'm at University now.

Bet you really wanted to know that as well, didn't you?


Conditioner & other tips

Post 12

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

More than anything in the entire world. Thanks for the enlightenment smiley - biggrin
smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post