A Conversation for A Whistlestop Tour of Houston, Texas, USA

Houston

Post 1

Neysa

Just thought you might want to update that bit about Enron field and the Astros.


Houston

Post 2

Steve K.

... and also maybe the part about the Astrodome, which is dwarfed by the new Reliant Stadium. smiley - blue


Houston

Post 3

bloodyYank

That would be "Minute Maid" stadium


Houston

Post 4

Talene

I would sincerely love to edit this entry, but I can't edit it once it's been *edited*, if you know what I mean.


Houston

Post 5

masanbol

Also the bit about public transport: Metro has been around for awhile, plus the new Light Rail system.


Houston

Post 6

Steve K.

I dunno, I think the article's point on transportation is valid. I've lived in Houston for several decades and never used Metro buses (except for event rides like the Rodeo, and I still had to drive to the Park and Ride) or even been on the Light Rail (ONE route, about five miles long). Compared to, say, London, its really true that "Houston has never made a full implementation of public transportation." Really unfortunate, since with the plague of cell phone drivers the traffic has become even more frightening. smiley - headhurts I avoid driving into the main part of town unless I really have to, but in London, I felt like I could anywhere and never rented a car.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for A Whistlestop Tour of Houston, Texas, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more