A Conversation for Organising and Running Play Schemes For Children Aged 4 - 7

Legal aspects

Post 1

Vestboy

A great entry! I have been involved with this type of activity.

In the light of comparatively recent legislation this entry needs to be updated.
Registration - In the UK If the scheme lasts for more than 2 hours a day it needs to be registered with the Local Education Authority and will be inspected.
CRB - Criminal Records Bureau checks will need to be carried out on all staff working with children. Volunteers are notionally checked for free but you need to check with your local CVS (Council for Voluntary Services) or Council for how to get the checks done.
Insurance - The scheme will need to be insured. You may be able to get help with this by registering with a national group and taking advantage of any discounts they have negotiated. An example of this is the Kids Club Network.


Key: Complain about this post

Legal aspects

More Conversations for Organising and Running Play Schemes For Children Aged 4 - 7

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more