A Conversation for How to Teach your Child the Basics

the bunny method

Post 1

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

about tying those shoes...
my four year old has learned how to tie her shoes in the past two weeks. I would NOT recommend that you begin trying to teach this skill until your child asks, simply because the concept, until they form it, is too much.
Here is the "bunny method" for learning to tie one's shoes:
1. take the two shoelaces, and wrap them around eachother.
2. take the two ends, and make them into two bunny ears.
3. pretend the bunny is very cold, and the ears wrap around to keep warm...one goes up, the other goes down, and the bunny is snuggly.

that's it. But remember, there is no way on this green earth that your child will get it the first, second, or even 50th time. Be prepared to spend a whole afternoon demonstrating and guiding, and then remember, they will need a whole lot of practice, patience, and pretty soon, you'll want to have the bunny for dinner!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more