A Conversation for Rissani, Morocco

Sounds Lovely

Post 1

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

I just had a vacation in Disney World (I know, I know...) and I very much enjoyed the Morocco pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase. I was wondering where one might go in Morocco that would be less like a tourist trap and more like a small town. Tada! Here it is. And it sounds lovely. Thanks for writing about Rissani. smiley - smiley


Sounds Lovely

Post 2

deemikay

Rissani IS lovely. I was there in August and despite being the second hottest place I've ever been (the hottest was Erfoud two days before that) I loved everything about it. The people are fascinating, the grafitti is great (much better than "I woz ere") and I had a fantastic Berber "pizza". The donkey carpark was as picturesque (ahem) as you would expect. Go to the Berber House of Carpets. They'll try to sell you one so badly and you might get annoyed. But if you go in a group, it's a great way to see how good they are at reading potential customers and twisting people into buying. Practical psychology at it's best!

Animal lovers beware though: in the souk, some stalls have a habit of hanging dead birds of prey from the ceiling and the donkey's do show a few more ribs than you might like.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more