A Conversation for Interview Techniques

If I have to work with you...

Post 1

Spaceboy Zoom

I've only started interviewing people at my company and I've stumbled upon something very important that I wish I knew when I was interviewing:

The people you are interviewing, if they hire you, may very well have to spend more time with you than anyone else. Therefore, they need to like you. I've interviewed more than a few people who had wonderful qualifications but who we just didn't like, so we didn't hire then. How do you make yourself seem likeable? When the interviewer asks you about your last job, tell him or her how much you loved the people you worked with. This shows how you are easy to get along with and people like you.


If I have to work with you...

Post 2

Metal Chicken

Doesn't matter a jot if someone I'm interviewing really loved all the people they used to work with - not if I don't think they'll fit into MY team. There's a lot of truth in the saying that the decision is made within the first 5 minutes of an interview, those initial impressions count whether we like it or not. By the time I've called someone to an interview I'm pretty sure they've got the basic skills I need, the most important thing to find out next is what sort of a person they are, what kind of attitude they have and whether they'll fit in with their new colleagues.
The best advice I can give to any interview candidate is to be themselves. Treat the interview as a mutual attempt to determine whether the job is the right one for you. And be honest.


If I have to work with you...

Post 3

Demon Drawer

I also am myself at interviews which for me means being freindly, charming a little witty. But not srcastic wit, or dry just occasional witty anecdotes if possible aimed at yourself or you experiences which can be easliy fitted into some of teh standard questions you are bound to be ask for the interview in question. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more