A Conversation for Cribbage - the Card Game

is 29 really the highest

Post 1

pi3pt141something

my highest hand is 28 , ive heard rumours 29 is the highest but ive never seen it, i think it is a myth perpetuated to keep us playing, surely the cribbage god would be more benevolent and deal it a bit more often. has anyone ever received a 29 Hand??


is 29 really the highest

Post 2

uncendave

29 is possible but it is pretty unlikely. To do it, you would have to be dealt three fives and a jack. However, only one jack will do - it must be the one that is a different suit from your fives. That is pretty unlikely. Then, the fourth five must be turned up. That would give fifteen-eight for the jack and each five, fifteen-eight for the four fives, 12 for the 6 pairs of fives and one for his nob. Total is 29. I have been playing for more than 30 years and I've never seen one - but you live in hope!


is 29 really the highest

Post 3

AFTM-Jerry

Yes it is and believe it or not i have two in my 30 plus years of playing cribsmiley - ok.


is 29 really the highest

Post 4

ljcwuff

in uncendave's example, if the dealers hand is four 5's and a jack is cut(starter), what is the total points awarded to dealer for that hand? including 2 for his "nibs" and 28 for the hand, looks like 30 to me. i agree with 29 "in a hand" but 30 is possible?? just a thought.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more