A Conversation for How to do a Jigsaw Puzzle

Patterns and perks

Post 1

van-smeiter

We call the pieces that are already joined together at the start "puzzledoers perks" but this may be just us.

With "standard" rectangular jigsaws, there is usually a pattern that repeats twice or more depending on the size of the jigsaw and sometimes the pattern is imverted. Essentially, this means that, for example, the piece three in and two up from the bottom-left corner, can be exactly the same shape as the piece three in and two down from the top-right corner. This can be invaluable when doing sky pieces because you can tell exactly what shape pieces are that you're looking for.

Sometimes, the central two rows consist of large, oddly-shaped pieces that can be easily identified from pieces not in these rows. And watch out for "picture shift" which often happens; the picture on the box is shifted across/up/down so that it doesn't quite match the picture on the puzzle.

Good entry smiley - ok Think I might go dig out a jigsaw smiley - smiley

Van (jigsaw smiley - geek)


Patterns and perks

Post 2

ming_li2002

smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more