A Conversation for Isaac Asimov

Benford, Bear, Brin already established

Post 1

ToSeek

This paragraph is wrong about the referenced science fiction writers:

"The Foundation series helped to launch the careers of three notable science fiction authors of the succeeding generation. Janet Asimov sanctioned these novels, which were published in the late 1990s: Foundation's Fear by Gregory Benford, Foundation and Chaos by Greg Bear, and Foundation's Triumph by David Brin."

All three were well-established, award-winning authors before they undertook to extend the Foundation series. Their careers were already well launched.


Benford, Bear, Brin already established

Post 2

Bluebottle

Yep, I know that Gregory Benford had won various awards with 'Timescape' in 1980 and been nominated for others. With something as iconic as 'Foundation' they wouldn't have commissioned unknown authors but only established names. This also doesn't mention 'Foundation's Friends', although it's been so long since I read that I can't remember who the authors were.

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

Benford, Bear, Brin already established

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more