A Conversation for How to Make a Cat Toy

Interesting...

Post 21

Lord Jock

The next morning
Approximatly 5am

Ok I'm awake I think I'll
go mental!


Interesting...

Post 22

GreeboTCat

Yes indeed it does...

~Greebo settles down~

ZZZZZZzzzzzzz


Removed

Post 23

Lord Jock

This post has been removed.


Interesting...

Post 24

GreeboTCat

TSKkk... what an odd idea you have about how a cat thinks...


Interesting...

Post 25

Penguin Girl - returned at last

How do you think Greebo? And sorry about the plant accusation, I should have added that my mother precariously balances them on windowsills only a few inches wide and my poor kitties are only trying to walk around.


pillow

Post 26

Plum

been with me a long time;;an oldie but a goodie


pillow

Post 27

Penguin Girl - returned at last

Pillows are nice.


Interesting...

Post 28

Buff

Yeah, especially what with that human already resting its head on there.

smiley - smiley

My roomate has a cat that has decided on the top of the VCR as a resting place. I think it's a much better choice than the last place the cat wanted to sleep. (which was right in front of the door, so the cat was constantly being hit with the door, or tripped over)

Many years ago, my family had a cat who liked the top of the fridge. She would lay with her head hanging over the door, so if you opened it it was ok, but before you could shut it again you had to move the cats head.

Sometines I think they do it just to see how much us humans will put up with.

smiley - smiley


Interesting...

Post 29

SnoesDad

smiley - sadfaceBe very careful with lazer pointers. Just as with humans, kitty's eyes can be permanently damaged by looking into a laser light. Sometimes less than a second is all it takes.

smiley - biggrinBest to use a concentrated beam penlight. You can concentrate the beam by making a reverse cone of any reflective material (i.e. not plain paper or cardboard that will absorb the light:silver-lined mylar wrapping paper works really well) and taping the big end onto the lens cap of the flashlight. Then snip off the tip of the cone (like an old-fashioned sugar ice cream cone), leaving an opening (play with size--depends on lens size)for the light to shine out.
Cats do love to chase this light dot, and will occupy both of you for hours. Be sure to remember, kitty will follow this light dot just about anywhere......
Lasers do work well because they have more range. Just for kitty's eyesight's sake, be careful.
Athough they do not see red, they will follow a red dot like mad.


Interesting...

Post 30

SnoesDad

I wondered why my computer monitor garnered so much cat hair. Then one night I got up to get a drink and discoved my child (my cat) likes to sleep on top of it. I suppose it's warm....

So I built a shelf over it and began covering it when not in use (which is a good idea anyway here in the Great Plains of the USA where dust is predatory !

I also discovered wiping down TVs and monitors with a fabric softner sheet helps keep down the static electricity which attracts the hair--and everything else.

smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more