A Conversation for Asthma

Acupuncture.

Post 1

Moonkai

I have fairly bad asthma and have done for a long time I now have to take three differnt inhalers. The best time in my life was when I was off my inhalers and I was seeing a lady that practiced chinese herbal medicine along with acupuncture. While I was seeing this lady I got better and I stopped taking my drugs and I had no problems for 2 years. Unfortunately the lady died of cancer and I now am worse than I have ever been and this means that I am back on the three inhalers that I now rely on to be able to breathe. I only wish that I could afford to see someone that practices acupuncture...instead i have to rely on drugs which I am sure are making me worse the longerv that I take them and this bothers me as I don't have many choices being a student. Acupuncture worked for me....I wish that this was available to me instead of having to take steroid inhalers!


Acupuncture.

Post 2

Leopardskinfynn... sexy mama

Hi Moonkai
smiley - biggrin

I don't know if you're still on h2g2, but I just found this conversation and thought I'd put my 2 penneth worth in.

In some places it's possible to receive acupuncture on the NHS, so maybe it would be worth you asking your GP about it? Acupuncture and Chinese herbs *are* expensive, true, but some acupuncture schools offer reduced rates for their final year students to gain clinical experience on the general public (superivised by their teachers) - again, maybe something worth looking into?


These might be worth investigating:

http://www.acupuncture.org.uk/
http://www.medical-acupuncture.co.uk/


Hope this helps
smiley - nurse LSF


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more