A Conversation for Bullying

Bullies - No Sir, I don't like them!

Post 1

Night Siren

I have had the misfortune of encountering many bullies. Sometimes the bullying was directed towards me, other times it was the bullying of someone else that I've witnessed. It is my opinion that bullies are cowards and are not very happy with themselves. They seem to lash out at others and try to manipulate and control them since they can't seem to control themselves. I also believe that they are very insecure and in order to build themselves up, they have a need to drag others down.

Verbal/Emotional abuse is one of the cruelest tactics used by the bully. Physical abuse usually heals, whereas the other tends to linger and haunt. Those "ghosts" often sneak up on someone when they least expect it and they cut to the very core.


Bullies - No Sir, I don't like them!

Post 2

Researcher 176758

The scars from emotional bullying take a long time to fade - it's amazing how, years later, you can remember how you can still occasionally feel like what the bullies told you they were.


Bullies - No Sir, I don't like them!

Post 3

Martin Harper

May I be the first to welcome you to h2g2, 176758? smiley - smiley

I agree with both of you: it's a tough thing to recover from - but time does heal, I find. My main problem at the moment is that in reaction from the bully-inspired insecurity I'm now over-arrogant... smiley - erm


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more